THE LITTLE MERMAID
Television Series Episode List
First Season - 1992/3
- Whale of a Tale
- Ariel befriends a baby killer whale, names him Spot, and "adopts"
him. The inevitable trouble ensues as he grows.
- The Great Sebastian
- Sebastian, feeling unwanted, is appointed to be the Atlantican
ambassador to Sharkania, and ends up thwarting their invasion plans.
- Ariel discovers a wild giant seahorse named Stormy, and takes him
for a danger-filled ride, against Triton's wishes.
- Ariel befriends an orphan mer-boy named Urchin, who is being led
astray by the Lobster Mobster (and Da Shrimp!).
- Double Bubble
- Ariel volunteers to babysit a pair of rambunctious mer-babies. While
in her care, the babies are kidnapped by the Lobster Mobster.
- Message in a Bottle
- Ariel finds a map in a bottle, leading her to a very large but
friendly monster named Simon. She befriends him and brings him home.
- Ariel finds a charm bracelet, and gets it stuck on her wrist. Afraid
to come home, she looks for the key and becomes trapped in a nasty
- Marriage of Inconvenience
- Ariel and her friends mistakenly believe that Triton wants to marry
her off to a prince of a neighboring kingdom. Their efforts to
dissuade this lead to war.
- The Evil Manta
- Ariel inadvertantly releases the Evil Manta, who proceeds to sow
dissention among the different species that populate Atlantica.
- A sailor's boot falls into the sea during a sea battle. As a result
of a nearby explosion, the "thingamajigger" is thought to be a
powerful weapon, which the Evil Manta finds. Ariel sees Eric here,
but not his face.
- Triton has a spell cast on him, which turns him into a pre-teen
merboy, giving Ariel the "opportunity" to play parent.
- Ariel and Arista are left behind when everyone else goes to an
amusement park, and must fend off two avaricious crocodiles intent
on looting the Atlantican treasury.
- Trident True
- Ariel is trapped in a cave by a sea monster. Urchin goes for help,
but instead of bringing Triton he takes the trident himself, and
loses it. It ends up in the Evil Manta's clutches.
- Eel-ectric City
- Ariel visits Eel-ectric City, a popular "Pleasure Island" sort of
place, with her free-spirited friend Pearl, and gets involved in
a dangerous race.
- All episodes by Walt Disney Television Animation (Japan).
- "Whale of a Tale" not in regular rotation. Prime time special in
first season; one-time-only lead episode in second season.
Second Season - 1993/4
- Resigned to It
- Sebastian, miffed at being left out of one of Triton's trips,
resigns and looks for work, with little success. Later he saves
Atlantica from the red tide.
- Calliope Dreams
- Triton gives Ariel a sea calliope, which she learns to play - very
badly. Her efforts invoke the wrath of the Ancient Seaclops.
- Save the Whale
- Spot returns, and puts on a show for Atlantica. During the show,
Spot is captured by a human promoter and forced to perform in a "sea
World" type show. Ariel rescues him.
- Against the Tide
- Ariel befriends a "bad luck creature", and must protect him (later
shown to be her) from Ursula.
- Ariel has a spell placed on her by a sorcerer blowfish, which causes
sea quakes whenever she laughs. She sets out to break the spell.
- Wish Upon a Starfish
- Ariel sees a human ballerina, and wishes to be able to dance. She
befriends Gabriela, a hearing-impaired mermaid who wants to sing.
Together they set out to find a magic starfish that will grant their
- Tail of Two Crabs
- Sebastian's crab rival, who has always bested him in every
competitive event, visits Atlantica.
- Metal Fish
- Hans Christian Andersen (believe it or not!) develops a submarine
and visits the undersea world, and becomes trapped. Ariel and her
friends save his life.
- T'ank You for Dat, Ariel
- Sebastian laments his small size. Ariel visits the undersea
equivalent of the Cave of Wonder, is granted the powers of a sea
witch, and makes him bigger. Unfortunately he keeps growing.
- First five by Walt Disney Television Animation (Japan); last four
by Wang Film Production Company.
- "Metal Fish" is an attempt to tie-in to the original Andersen story.
Third Season - 1994/5
- Ariel meets Scuttle, but does not get along with him at first. Later
together they save Prince Eric's ship. Eric thinks he saw a mermaid.
- King Crab
- Sebastian, in his letters home, has told his parents that he runs
Atlantica. When they show up to visit, his friends try to make it
look like that's the case. It works - for a while.
- Island of Fear
- Sebastian is captured by a Frankensteinian mad scientist performing
genetic mutation experiments on crabs. He befriends the madman's
assistant, a boy named Daniel; together they shut down the
- Land of the Dinosaurs
- The royal family visits a spa in the far North. Ariel finds a number
of dinosaurs trapped in ice, and uses Triton's trident to set them
free. Predictably, they run amok.
- Apollo, hero of the Octopan War, returns to Atlantica. Together he
and Ariel set out to find Valhalla, home of the mer-Vikings. Turns
out Apollo wasn't a hero, but he does become one here.
- The Beast Within
- Flounder is bitten by a werewolf-like Howling Hairfish, and becomes
one himself. Ariel and friends try to reverse the affliction.
- Ariel's Treasures
- Ursula places spells on items in Ariel's collection of human
artifacts, turning them into destructive devices, in an effort to
- A Little Evil
- Ariel befriends the Evil Manta's son, Little Evil.
- All episodes by Wang Film Production Company.